Tuesday, April 21, 2009

MUSIC

So about a year ago i published the following song list on another blog:

"1.Tire Swing, Kimya Dawson
So, officially i already had this song on my ipod. But, I love it lots and its from Juno which is the best movie in the world. I also really felt like it applied to my life. So here it is.
2. Pocketful of Sunshine, Natasha Bedingfield
I lied. Do not listen to this song. It is addicting, but not in a good way. If you listen to it you will be singing it for weeks. And, it's not a great song. Not at all.
3. Rehab, Amy Winehouse
So, my mother got me addicted to Amy Winehouse, who, however messed up, has so powerful pipes. Thanks mum.
4. Tattoo, Jordin Sparks
This is one of those songs that you really don't like admitting you listen to, but its good. She really is a good singer.
5. More Than Anyone, Gavin DeGraw
I have known this song for years, but i just bought it this week. I probably own it on CD, but I didn't feel like looking for it. It's quite delishhh.
6. Love Song, Sara Bareilles
You're probably sick of this song. I hear it everywhere. But its pretty good and makes me happy inside.
7. I Will Possess Your Heart, Death Cab for Cutie
This song is ridiculously long, and mostly vamp, but when you get to the part where they actually sing, its really good. So listen to it.
8. Fidelity, Regina Spektor
This in one of my new favorite artists. She has a beautiful voice and great lyrics.
9. Say, John Mayer
GIANT SMILES. I love John Mayer. This is a great song.
10. Prefects Are Hot, The Moaning Myrtles
MAJOR NERDOM, "Cedric Diggory is really hot, without his clothes." Having no life does have its benefits. Such as finding good music. That is about harry potter.
11.I'm Yours, Jason Mraz
A friend showed this to me. I want him. Excellent tunage.
12. Straight Lines, Dawn Landes
Lovely. Really meaningful with great lyrics.
13. On the Radio, Regina Spector
=] See above.
14. Geek in the Pink, Jason Mraz
Best. Song. In. The. World. Quite hilarious.
15. My Mom, Kimya Dawson
This is my favorite Kimya Dawson song. Even though its gruesome and sad. I think it may be the glockenspiel.
16.Yong Folks, Dawn Landes
This really fun to listen to. Its very folksy."

GAH
THAT IS SLIGHTLY EMBARASSING!
I mean "tunage"?
And "nerdom"
And pretending i knew something about music?
GAH

But I have decided to do a similar thing now.
I highly recommend the following songs (these are completely random, i am just going through my "recently played" on itunes)

1. Accio Deathly Hallows Hank Green
2. There's Always Someone Cooler than You Ben Folds
3. Dog Problems The Format
4. Into the Sunshine Julia Nunes
5. Snails The Format
6. 16 Military Wives The Decemberists
7. Songs About You Lena Gabrielle (the Butterbear Experience
8. Baltimore The Terrordactyls
9. What's a Girl to Do? Bat for Lashes
10. Robots Flight of the Conchords
11. Needle in the Hay Elliot Smith
12. She's Leaving Home The Beatles



Now, in a few months, I will look back on this and be embarrassed.
Oh well.

I hope everyone is having a lovely day.

SOPHIE

No comments:

Post a Comment