Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Formulas

AS CHALLENGED BY KATIE!

My MADE UP BAND!

I spent most of my evening at my Math Honor Society induction, so I am making a band called The Formulas

It is about all things nerd, but mostly in the form of math.

It will sound like a mixture of The Format (http://www.myspace.com/theformat), Danielle Ate the Sandwich (http://www.myspace.com/danielleatethesandwich), The Terrordactyls (http://www.myspace.com/theterrordactyls) and a number of my favorite show tunes.

It would feature a number of my friends playing a number of interments including: the bassoon, the oboe, the piano, the saxophone, the acoustic and electric guitar, the Celtic harp, the ukulele and the violin/fiddle.
I pick these instruments because they are all played by either me or my friends.
SO THIS COULD ACTUALLY HAPPEN

(except none of us can sing super well, but WE CAN TRY!)




Song titles on our first album, Sines of Madness, would include:


Show Me the Proof
Stuck in 7734 with 535006
Tangent to My Curves
Unit Circle Blues
360 Degrees
I am a Centroid (The old nerd song)
Pie are square
1+1=1 (love)


...

Well.
Now I have to go and do my actual math homework

I hope you enjoy it.
(the band, not my math homework)
I actually really like the idea, so it might actually happen?


SOPHIE

P.S. BEDA BUDDIES! Are you guys (well, gals) going to continue blogging after BEDA is over?

1 comment:

  1. I probably WILL continue, out of habit and also out of wanting to document my life, in a way, to read later.

    I'm not a fan of math, but I must say the album and song names are GENIUS.

    ReplyDelete