Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Heat

I just overheard my neighbor say, "How do you like living in Southern Florida?"

We live in Maryland.
Either he is very confused, OR IT IS WAY TOO HOT!
I am leaning towards the latter.
The Maryland weather is so weird; about two weeks ago it snowed, and today it was almost 90 degrees.



My day, in a song.


I PRESENT YOU WITH SOME LISTS
(if I had learned anything during BEDA it is I have a certain love for lists)

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT SUMMER:
1. Drinking iced tea.
2. Sitting outside in the shade with said iced tea and reading a book in a single sitting.
3. Sleeping.
4. Snowballs with marshmallow topping.
5. Walking to the library.
6. Hiking to the river and swimming.
7. Air conditioning.
8. The lack of school.
9. Flip Flops and going barefoot.
10. The pool.
11. The beach.
12. Family reunions in Maine.
13. Fresh tomatoes
14. Rehearsals in air conditioned theaters.
15. Staying up until ungodly hours of the night.

THINGS I HATE ABOUT SUMMER
1. Sun Burn.
2. Heat.
3. My father's insistence that we don't need air conditioning.
4. Class in 90 degree weather.
5. Swimsuits.
6. Having to work to keep up with friends.
7. Sticking to the seats in cars.
8. The need for people to be tan.
9. Long car rides and car sickness.
10. Window fans.
11. Swollen feet. Which I have now, but are apparently just temporary.
12. Summer homework.
13. Sweat.
14. Hotness.

As much as I have been complaining how much I hate summer/heat/sunshine, this list has reminded me that it isn't all that bad.

How is everyone else today?

SOPHIE

2 comments: