Sunday, May 10, 2009

SWINGDANCE

So, tonight I went to a swing dance at the local dance studio with a few of my friends. It was the most fun I have had in a while.
I have been swing dancing on and off for about 2 years now, without formal lessons. I still am not very good, but when you dance with some one who is really good, all you have to do is follow, and you look good.
It's great.

I hadn't danced in a while, and I was surprised how quickly I picked it back up. Hopefully can convince my parents to pay for some lessons.
And then, maybe I will be able to do this:




Or not. It would be nice though.

While I was searching youtube for good videos of swing dancing, I came across this clip from the movies Swingkids:



Its a depressing Holocaust movie, but I HIGHLY recommend it.
We watched it in middle school and i fell in love with it. Its really, really, really good.
As much as I like it, I had completely forgotten about it until saw this clip.
Tomorrow's(well, today's) plan is to somehow locate a copy and watch it.

Wish me luck

SOPHIE

4 comments:

  1. So I was watching that swing dance video and I was just staring at the screen, completely mesmerized by it. It's so cool that you swing dance.

    Oh yeah, and this is Allyson your BEDA Buddy. I got this account like last week, I think, but I haven’t had time to post anything or read your blogs until now because I’ve been crazy busy. So, sorry that I sort of deserted you guys, but I’m back now. And I have a real blog. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ISN'T IT NIFTY?!!?

    I am nowhere near that good, but i still enjoy it.

    AND HELLO ALLYSON! HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU!
    But it's all good. How has life been treating you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you too! It's been pretty good, I suppose. I'm definitely ready for this whole school business to be over. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same. School is killing me, and I have a ton of word to do for the theater I work for.
    It's really stressful.

    ReplyDelete