Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day one (ish)

Well, I currently are flying above the United States at 36,000 feet (or something like that) I am sleep deprived, and running on 4 packs of Dora the Explorer gummies and half a Quodoba burrito that I ate at the ungodly hour of 7:30 AM. It was a rather nice breakfast.
Laura, who is sitting next to me, is keeping track of her adventures with a sort of fervent diligence; she has already written at least a half of a page about the airplane trip, or the kind of soda she is drinking or something. She also keeps trying to read over my shoulder.

OH HEY LAURA! HOW IS YOUR TRIP GOING?
Well, my trip is going fine, except for the fact that I only got three hours of sleep. And there is a small child incessantly beating on the back of my chair like it is some sort of rhythmic drum. And I have a headache from the constantly changing cabin pressures. And we just hit turbulence and there are still two hours and 15 minutes left of this flight. And customs forms are really hard to fill out.
So, yes, my trip is going just fine.

I am going to attempt to take a nap now, and maybe I will work up the courage to yell at the small child behind me...

-------

I cannot form coherent thoughts, but here I go...

Well, I have now washed the dishes of 40 people. It took over an hour.
I also took a “tour” of the city of San Salvadore. By tour, i mean, our bus driver drove us around the city at about 90 miles an hour. I was able to capture a feeling of the city. It was nice.
We then climbed up a mountain and looked at lots and lots of flags.


Etc.

tired.
Need to sleep.


Etc.



Sophie 

4 comments:

  1. Nice look ;-)You made me cry dumby head. keep it up! love you . mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't cry because of your look, though. Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm posting a link to your log on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were those the dishes of a really big family or were they just saving them up for you?

    Good work. I love that you are blogging about your trip.

    love, anonymous number two (FarMor)

    ReplyDelete