Sunday, August 2, 2009

seuss?

Today (well, officially yesterday) was the last day before hell week.
I already miss the peace of it.
Starting tomorrow, I will be spending way too much time thinking about Seussical the Musical .

When your thinks have run dry,
In the blink of an eye
There's another think there!
If you open your mind,
Oh, the thinks you will find
Lining up to get loose!
Oh, the thinks you can think...
When you think about Seuss!



There is a certain magic to tech week. I mean--it must be magic, to pull together a show in a week. It starts out horrible--no one knows their lines, everyone forgets their blocking, the choreography goes down the drain--but ends up being rather good. For some reason it always does.

But now, I have probably jinxed it.

Gertrude (Dramatically):
I sailed on a junk
And was practically sunk
For you.
I trampled thorough the trees
Full of furious bees
For you.
I slogged through a fog
And a choking smog
Down a soggy slope
Through a stinking bog
While my slip was gripped
By a vicious dog
For you.


wish me luck.

i mean, broken legs

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment