Wednesday, August 26, 2009

School

School starts in 5 days, and I am not excited.
In the past I have always been happy to go back, I get to see my friends again, I get to get new books, and I get to learn new things. And while this year I still am excited for these things, I feel that the good things are greatly overshadowed by the bad:

1. Unlike the past 15 summers of my life, I have kept in really close contact with all but about 3 of my friends. I have been living in my own little bubble of friends and books and and theater the internet. Going back to school means I have to pop it. No matter how cool I seem when I am with my friends, there is always someone out there cooler than you. And I have to go back to school and be faced with the fact that I am still just a nerdy girl who likes math a little too much.
2. I am taking AP Calculus, AP English, Physics and AP US History this year. And even though I am psyched for all of it, it is going to be a whole lot of work. For those unfamiliar with the horror of AP courses, here is a handy wikipedia article
3. Most of my classes are in the unairconditioned old building of our school. So the first three months are going to similar to sitting in an oven with 32 other people.
4. I am the SGA Vice President, the Assistant Stage Manager of Stage Crew, and the Team captain for our Envirothon team. That is a whole lot of responisility than I am not really that excited about.

TTFN

Hopefully I will post again soon.


Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment