Monday, July 20, 2009

I feel obliged...

I feel the need to write a blog about Harry Potter.

It was good.
It didn't quite live up to my expectations, but it was good.


My expectations were pretty high...

I got home last night at midnight, and the first thing I did today (other than read 3/4 of a book) was to go see the movie.
I went with Katherine and Colin and my mother and my brother.

And it was good.
I love how they included so many of the little details, and tried to keep the "spirit" of the book. And I felt that the plot was nicely abridged. I didn't even mind that they cut out some of the things they did.

And I liked Emma Watson a lot, along with Rupert Grint, and Evanna Lynch, and most of the cast.
And I liked the clothes Ron wore.
And I liked how they did the memories.
And I liked Tom Felton, Draco was absolutely perfect.
And I liked Luna's christmas party dress.


I didn't like the scene in the field.
Or the whole burrow-burning-down thing.
Or the lack of funeral.
Or the lack of Hagrid.
Or the actor who played Slughorn. (I think he was my least favorite part)


All in all, it was enjoyable.
Not my favorite, but still enjoyable.

I think I want to go and see it in theaters again.

And now my father is making The Golden Compass jokes.
I lead a weird life.


Ttfn.

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment