Monday, July 6, 2009

frenzy

Well, its been awhile since I have graced this website with a visit.

I have decided to blame my lack of blogging on the fact that I have been writing daily letters to my friend Laura, who is at camp for the 6 weeks. I have basically been writing what I would write here, and since I have written it once, I don't feel the need to write it again.

Either that, or just keep forgetting.


Well, I haven't really been doing much. Yesterday was 4th of July, and to celebrate I went to the parade and the fireworks with all of my Friends, went to two parties, and spent way too much time with Katherine.
The quite enjoyable, except the fact that Katherine woke me up WAY to early by playing me a patriotic medley on my ukulele.
Very loudly.
Very poorly.

My town gets REALLY into the 4th of July.
If you mention "Fourth of July" in an conversation at ANY time of the year to almost anyone, you will be talking about how great it is for the next (to put it as Katherine would) eleventy hundred hours; when the holiday actually comes around, the world turns upside down. About two weeks before the parade, people start putting chairs and blankets along the parade route, so they can guarantee themselves spots.
The fireworks may be the largest event in the town, ever.

It's intense.

I didn't have a camera (it broke two weeks ago, and wasn't replaced until this afternoon), I don't have any pictures, but I may put some up at some point, if any good ones are uploaded to facebook.

Much love,
SOPHIE

No comments:

Post a Comment